A wind ensemble transcription of the 2011 work for orchestra.
If the system isn’t working anymore, then do what Guy Fawkes tried and go anarchist: Blow it all up, and start again.
For more dubsteppy fun, watch the Score Video:
Picc, 3Fl, 2Ob, EbCl, 3Cl, BCl, 2Bsn, CBsn(optCbCl), SSax, ASax, TSax, BSax, 4Tpt, 4Hn, 3Trb, BTrb, Euph, Tba, Cb, Harp(opt), Pno, Timp, 5Perc
Columbus State University – Jamie L. Nix, Director of Wind Ensemble Activities
Florida Atlantic University – Kyle Prescott, Director of Bands
Florida State University – Richard Clary, Senior Band Conductor
Georgia State University – Robert J. Ambrose, Director of Wind Studies
North Central High School, Indianapolis, IN – Rick Granlund, Director of Bands
Pacific Lutheran University – Edwin Powell, Director of Bands
Southeastern Oklahoma State University – Jacob Wallace, Director of Bands
Texas Tech University – Sarah McKoin, Director of Bands
University of Alberta – Angela Schroeder, Director of Bands
University of Minnesota – Jerry Luckhardt, Associate Director of Bands
Consortium organized by: Robert J. Ambrose
(to the 10/12 uncorrected co-commissioner’s edition – score & parts)
- Bass Drum muted with towel.
- m.6-8 – Bari Sax, starting on beat 3 of m. 6, doubles the other bass instruments.
- m.17, Drumset – beat 3 quarter note hit, beat 4 quarter rest, beat 5 quarter rest & Splash Cym quarter.
- m.34, Horn solo is now doubled with a Trombone 1 solo.
- m.35, Clarinet 1 is missing its quarter rest on beat 4.
- m.61, 65, 69, 73, 77, 81, and 85, Contrabassoon (and optional contra-alto or contrabass clarinets) play staccato eighths (with Bassoons) instead of quarters.
- Reh. F, woodwinds, “like an organ”
- m.70, Horns, “bells up” and ff. Remain ff until cresc. in m.101.
- m.79 beat 3, Horns, “ord.”
- Reh. G, E-flat Clarinet, Alto Sax, slur beat 3 to match Sopr. Sax.
- m.83-84, Flute 3 8va (unison with Flute 2)
- Horns, Bassoons, and Bass Clarinet – m.32 beat 3, 2nd quarter note triplet: 2nd eighth (tied to triplet quarter) should have no staccato. The staccato on the quarter triplet it is tied to remains, to indicate a short release.
- May 11, 2019 - Atlanta Wind Symphony at Bailey Center, Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA. Conducted by Dr. David Kehler.
- May 8, 2019 - Edison High School Wind Ensemble at Edison High School. Conducted by Marc DeNicuolo.
- May 2, 2019 - Pittsburg State University Wind Ensemble at Bicknell Family Center for the Arts, PSU. Conducted by Andrew D. Chybowski.
- April 18, 2019 - Pittsburg State University Wind Ensemble at Bicknell Family Center for the Arts, PSU. Conducted by Andrew D. Chybowski.
- March 20, 2019 - Edison High School Wind Ensemble at Monroe Township High School. Conducted by Marc DeNicuolo.
- March 9, 2019 - University of Illinois at Chicago Wind Ensemble at UIC Theatre, Chicago, IL. Conducted by Jose Oliver Riojas.
- February 27, 2019 - Slippery Rock University Wind Ensemble at Slippery Rock University. Conducted by Jonathan Helmick.
- January 29, 2019 - Ola High School Wind Symphony at Troy University, Troy, AL. Conducted by Todd Manson.
- January 24, 2019 - Ola High School Wind Symphony at Henry County Performing Arts Center, McDonough, GA. Conducted by Todd Manson.
- December 7, 2018 - Colorado Mesa University Wind Symphony at Robinson Theater, Moss Performing Arts Center, CMU campus. Conducted by Calvin Hofer.
Published by OK Feel Good Music.
- Conductor's score (11x17): $44
- Parts (first performance): $300
- Additional performance: $95