OK Feel Good is the result of an opportunity to write for the Aspen Contemporary Ensemble. The friendship and camaraderie I experienced that summer imposed itself onto my writing—so the work grew into a colorful rhythmic playground, presented with a grin and a wink. In 1999, at the request of Eric Whitacre, I transcribed the work for winds and percussion. My wish is that the original sense of glorified game-show music has been unaltered, and hopefully even amplified.
See also OK Feel Good for chamber group.
2Picc, 2Fl, 2Ob, 2Bsn, 3Clar, BClar, 2ASax, TSax, BSax, 3Trpt, 4Hn, 2Trb, BTrb, 2Euph, 2Tba, Cb &/or EBass, Pno, Timp, 4Perc ( Xyl/ Glock/ Vibr/ Mar/ Crot/ 4CowB/ SnDr/ Roto-T/ Tom-T/ BDr/ 5Wood Bl/ SusCym/ Tri/ Guiro/ Maracas/ GlChimes/ Conga)
the University of Nevada Las Veas Wind Orchestra, Thomas G. Leslie
- October 8, 2017 - University of Central Florida Wind Ensemble at University of Central Florida. Conducted by Scott Lubaroff.
- November 29, 2016 - Texas Tech University at Hemmle Hall, Texas Tech University. Conducted by Duane Hill.
- February 29, 2016 - SUNY Fredonia Wind Symphony at King Concert Hall, SUNY Fredonia. Conducted by Carl Mazzio.
- July 30, 2012 - Orchestre Régional d’Harmonie de Midi-Pyrénées at Notre Dame de Garaison à Monleon-Magnoac, FRANCE. Conducted by Mikaël Chamayou.
Published by OK Feel Good Music.
- Wind orchestra score (9x12): $34
- Wind orchestra score (11x17) limited #: $44
- Parts (first performance): $300
- Additional performance: $95