The Vinyl Six is, on the surface, a straightforward mixed chamber work. Preconceptions start to fall apart, however, with the instrumentation – a sort of Pierrot-ensemble gone Bad … as if Clarence Clemens and Slash jumped onstage at the Chamber Music Society. TV6 also looks suspiciously like a theme and variations (a tried-and-true chamber music form). Only this one shows off a blues cadence through a variety of slow funk, fusion, folk-rock, hair-band, and pop grooves. Think of your old record collection and raise your lighters for The Vinyl Six…
Fl, T.Sax (db S.Sax), E.Gtr, Pno, Vln, Vc
- March 23, 2016 - EDGE Ensemble at Bright Box Theater, Winchester VA.
- March 24, 2015 - Erik Leung and Faculty Ensemble at Fresno Pacific University.
- January 31, 2015 - Foot in the Door at The Harpa, Dark Music Days Festival, Reykjavík, ICELAND.
Published by OK Feel Good Music.
- Chamber group performance set: $135
Print On Demand
- Chamber group score (8.26x11.69): $19 Lulu