- 3 O’Clock Mix
- Across the groaning continent
- As the scent of spring rain...
- Avenue X
- Blow It Up, Start Again
- Climbing Parnassus
- De Profundis
- Moon by Night
- My Hands Are a City
- Novel Romance
- OK Feel Good
- Pi‘ilani and Ko‘olauNEW
- Sowing Useful Truths
- Symphony No. 1, My Hands Are a City
- Tender HeartsNEW
- The Americans
- The Rivers of Bowery
- Uncle Sid
I. Moderate, bouncy
Deep Sky Blue is a sonata in the tradition of the many contemporary “color” pieces I always enjoy. In three movements, the work plays with moods of “blue”, both harmonic and evocative. Arranged from a version for solo euphonium titled Milori Blue, this version for viola was made for violist Brett Deubner and composer-pianist Amanda Harberg. The viola’s lush colors demanded its own related but vibrantly unique title.
Brett Deubner and Amanda Harberg
- August 27, 2019 - Brett Deubner, viola and Thomas Steigerwald, piano at China Tour. August 27-September 28, 2019
- March 1, 2016 - Ethos New Music Society at SUNY Fredonia School of Music, Rosch Recital Hall. Composer residency
- March 9, 2013 - Deubner/Fauchet Duo at Bird Studio, Occidental College.
Published by OK Feel Good Music.
- Performance set: $39