Uncle Sid bears a family resemblance to a puny nephew, a little ditty born of one long and feverish collegiate night. It was a night of passionate desperation, the fruit of which was a namesake who never quite lived up to his family’s unreasonable expectations. His Uncle Sid, however, lives life on a much grander and appropriate scale.
Sid is crass, obnoxious, and uncaring of anyone’s feelings. Traveling the wedding/bar mitzvah circuit, Sid performs a hora for the horrified crowds. Sure, Sid sounds like fun, but wait till you get to know him.
Uncle Sid first reared his ugly head in public on October 10, 2002, introduced by the UNLV Wind Orchestra, with the composer conducting. Sid is dedicated to my brother, with familial understanding.
Picc, 2Fl, 2Ob, 2Bsn, 3Clar, BClar, 2ASax, TSax, Bax, 3Trp, 4Hn, 2Trb, B.Trb, Bar, 2Tba, Cb, Timp, Perc1 (Xyl/ Kazoo/ SandBl), Perc2 (Glock/ Kazoo/ SnDr), Perc3 (Mar/ Kazoo/ DrSet/ Siren), Perc4 (Vibr/ Kazoo/ SusCym/ CymPair/ 2CBell), Perc5 (BDr/ Kazoo/ Tamb/ BLyra/ BrDr), +Kazoos
- October 25, 2015 - Monash Concert Band at Alexander Theatre, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. Conducted by Ingrid Martin.
- June 2, 2015 - Queen Elizabeth High School Concert Band at Haar Theatre, Queen Elizabeth High School, Edmonton, AB. Conducted by Lindsey Coulter.
- March 16, 2012 - South Lakes High School Band at Clowes Aud., Butler Univ., Indianapolis/Music For All Nat. Concert Band Festival. Conducted by Grayson Fore.
Published by OK Feel Good Music.
- Score (9x12): $24
- Score (11x17) limited #: $34
- Parts (first performance): $250
- Additional performance: $95