- 3 O’Clock Mix
- Across the groaning continent
- As the scent of spring rain...
- Avenue X
- Blow It Up, Start Again
- Climbing Parnassus
- De Profundis
- Moon by Night
- My Hands Are a City
- Novel Romance
- OK Feel Good
- Pi‘ilani and Ko‘olauNEW
- Sowing Useful Truths
- Symphony No. 1, My Hands Are a City
- Tender HeartsNEW
- The Americans
- The Rivers of Bowery
- Uncle Sid
Complete RecordingDownload MP3
Written in a great hurry at the request of my friend Charlotte Griffin, for a choreography workshop at Juilliard, this work at one point was my most-often-performed piece. The Juilliard Dance Division performed it many times, and Charlotte has licensed it out to some professional companies. It is an extremely short program opener, which builds from the percussionist lightly clinking metal and humming meditatively, to a slow rhythmic pattern on membranes and drums, to finally a raucus (partly improvised) noisy conclusion. Many thanks to the percussionist Sean Dolan for helping create the sound of the work, through his many indefatigable performances.
- February 13, 2007 - Tarleton Wind Ensemble, Saxerkameradenschaft-Pfiefer at Tarleton State Univ., Stephenville TX. Conducted by Jonathan Hooper. Newman guest residency / Premiere of "Concertino"
- February 13, 2007 - Tarleton Wind Ensemble at Tarleton State University.
- May 19, 2003 - Juilliard Dance Division at The Juilliard Theater.
Published by OK Feel Good Music.
Digital downloads available via PayPal (separate checkout).
- Performance score (17x11): $9