- 3 O’Clock Mix
- Across the groaning continent
- As the scent of spring rain...
- Avenue X
- Blow It Up, Start Again
- Climbing Parnassus
- De Profundis
- Moon by Night
- My Hands Are a City
- Novel Romance
- OK Feel Good
- Pi‘ilani and Ko‘olauNEW
- Sowing Useful Truths
- Symphony No. 1, My Hands Are a City
- Tender HeartsNEW
- The Americans
- The Rivers of Bowery
- Uncle Sid
Complete RecordingDownload MP3
First I wrote a 3-minute wordless song. More specifically, I made a Bubble Gum Pop song that might live on Top 40 lists and American Idol auditions. With as many hook-y tunes as I could muster. Then I extended it out into a 7-minute orchestrated classical-style movement, where those ear-worming tunes are put into counterpoint with each other, and blown up into concert proportions. And so the work has all the structural elements of Pop, in the proper order: verses, choruses…a bridge. In short, it’s MY Single, ready for worldwide release.
To commence the earworm, watch the score trailer:
Subgenres: Large EnsembleEducational
Picc, 3Fl, Ob, Bsn, 3Clar, BClar, CbClar(Cbsn-opt), 2ASax, TSax, BSax, 3Trpt, 2Hn, 3Trb, Euph, Tba, Singer, 6Perc (Xyl/ Glock/ Mar/ Vibr/ HHat/ SplCym/ Shkr/ Tamb/ DrSet)
The Consortium for the Advancement of Wind Band Literature:
Champaign Central High School – John and Jennifer Currey, Directors
Downers Grove South High School – Craig Roselieb, Glenn Williams and Ron Hornish, Directors
Eastern Illinois University – J. Corey Francis, Assistant Director of Bands
Illinois State University – Dan Belongia, Assistant Director of Bands
Lake Zurich High School – Josh Thompson and Sheri Conover, Directors
Naperville Central High School – D.J. Alstadt and Brandon Estes, Directors
New Trier High School – Matt Temple, Director
St. Charles East High School – Jim Kull and Gil Wukitsch, Directors
Sun Prairie High School – Steve Sveum, Director
The National Wind Band Honors Project – Rick Yancey, Managing Director
Consortium organized by: Jim Kull, St. Charles East High School
- July 15, 2017 - World Youth Wind Orchestra Project at MidEurope International Wind Festival, Congress Schladming, AUSTRIA. Conducted by William Staub & Phillip Riggs. Hila Plitmann, soloist
- April 22, 2017 - Shenandoah Wind Ensemble at Armstrong Concert Hall, Winchester VA. Conducted by Timothy J. Robblee.
- December 14, 2015 - Wausau East High School Lumberjack Wind Ensemble at Wausau East High School Auditorium, Wausau, WI. Conducted by Robert A. Perkins.
Published by OK Feel Good Music.
- Performance set, score & parts (9x12): $195
- Additional score (9x12): $29
Digital downloads available via PayPal (separate checkout).
- Printable parts: $166
- Printable score: $29