Funk is all around us. It has permeated every aspect of popular music and culture. What was born as a 70’s counter-culture movement has grown to become the heart of any music with a beat. Sit in a coffee shop, listen to top-40’s radio, shop in a department store — it doesn’t matter if it’s a hip 90’s club tune, or a contemporary concert music work — you can’t escape the funk. Chunk owes major favors to George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic, Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Prince, and Beck, just to name a few. We steal, because we love.
Picc, 2Fl, 2Ob, 2Bsn, 3Clar, BClar, 2ASax, TSax, BSax, 3Trpt, Flglhn, 4Hn, 2Trb, BTrb, Euph, 2Tba, BassGtr, Kybd, 5Perc (Xyl/Glock/Vibr/Mar/2Tri/2Bgos/Guir/ Shkr/SusCym/Whis), DrumSet
The University of Nevada Las Vegas Wind Orchestra – Thomas G Leslie
“…a well-scored delight.” -Bandworld Magazine
- October 6, 2021 - The University of Texas at Austin Symphony Band at Bates Recital Hall, Austin, TX. Conducted by Cliff Croomes.
- April 30, 2020 - Bowling Green State University Concert Band at Kobacker Hall, Moore Musical Arts Center, BGSU. Conducted by Dr. Kenneth Wayne Thompson.
- March 22, 2019 - Southern Methodist University Wind Ensemble at Caruth Auditorium, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX. Conducted by Jack Delaney.
Published by OK Feel Good Music.
- Score (9x12): $34
- Parts (first performance): $300
- Additional performance: $95