Tree was originally written as a triple string quartet for the choreographer Toshiko Oiwa, as part of an evening-long dance work called “I Saw Me When We Were Dancing,” performed at P.S. 122 in New York. Dreamlike and spacious, Tree offers a chorale fragment, floating and transforming through an expanse of sound. This version for string orchestra was transcribed in 2002-3.
Strings: 22.214.171.124.4 — minimum 126.96.36.199.2
- April 26, 2015 - Camerata Portland Youth Philharmonic at Wieden + Kennedy | Portland, Ore. Conducted by David Hattner.
- October 23, 2010 - CYSO Encore Chamber Orchestra at DePaul University, Concert Hall. Conducted by Allen Tinkham.
- May 10, 2009 - Toledo Symphony Youth Orchestra at Peristyle Concert Hall, Toledo Art Museum, Toledo OH. Conducted by Kenneth Thompson. World Premiere / String orchestra version
Published by OK Feel Good Music.
- Perusal score (9x12): $24
- Score and parts (first performance): $300
- Additional performance: $95